About Me

I am a natural light, vintage-inspired photographer serving Eastern and Central Nebraska. I photograph babies, children, seniors, couples, and families. Sorry, no weddings. Each session offers a unique experience shot on location and rich in character. Here you will find my recent work, as well as all news and updates regarding my schedule. And attention you lurkers out there! yeah.... you know who you are....make yourself known once in a while! Hearing from you makes my day ;)

12 May 2009

quick trip to KC

So in February, my cousin Andrea calls me up from Cali and says we should take the mom's to KC for the weekend. And who am I to pass up a weekend of shopping, eating, and drinking. So of course I said "yeah...duh!" She even flew into Omaha late to suprise Aunt Nancy. And she was very suprised My mom was in on it...she even was kind of an accomplice. Sneaky. Here are some (ok.... A LOT) pics from our short little weekend in Kansas City....just below is our fabulous digs... The Rafael just a block off The Plaza. It's a historic hotel and way cool.
very posh. love the plaid.



our view of The Plaza (darn screen...ignore the ugly grid)
I think the moms were a little suprised at us, to be honest. But only the best for our moms. : )

after we got settled into our room, we ate lunch at The Classic Cup Cafe in The Plaza. The weather was so nice we just had to sit outside. We had to wait a sec for a table to open up, but no fear. There was Boulevard at the bar. mmm
shopping is very tiring. No one really notices, though, until you stop. Then you drop. Blistered feet, tired shoulders, empty wallets. Who knew exhaustion could be so much fun? Had good luck at Banana....
yeah....just 'cause it was Mother's Day doesn't mean Mom can get rusty! Iron my pants, woman! only kidding. love ya, Mommy. : )
Andrea's cute new jelly sandals. I remember when I was a little kid, I got a new pair every week! Only because they were $1. At Pamida. Hurt my feet sooooo bad. And this pair was no different. Cute, however. Nice bling.
so since I hadn't shot a portrait in roughly 3 days (I am a total junkie)...I was dying to. So after a lot of bargaining and complimenting, I won. : ) Here are my pretty cousins.....

attention single KC ladies..... meet my cousin, Eric. : )
the Newton posse....myself, my mom, eric, andrea, aunt nancy
ate at Houston's. Very good. And if you ever eat there, you must listen to me. IGNORE everything on the menu EXCEPT the VEGGIE BURGER. You will not regret this decision. I laughed at Andrea when she said it would be her last meal. No joke. It's the bomb. I didn't get a good picture of it before Andrea inhaled hers, but get a look at my crab cakes! eh eh? yeah....I just can't stop thinking about my teeny tiny sample bite of warm, deliciousness that was Andrea's veggie burger.

so after dinner, the mom's called it a night. Eric took us ladies out on the town. Landed at O'Dowls. Yup. You guessed it. Irish Pub. Complete with live band! Very similar to Groove Puppet. And the lead singer wasn't too tough on the eyes, either, huh Andrea.? wink wink
so hungover, but well-rested, we enjoyed a great Mother's day brunch at Plaza III. Mom's even got a rose. : ) We needed a good meal in our bellies for our next adventure: finding Eric's house. OMG. 45 minutes of windy, curvy, residential area, LOSt, with Aunt Nancy's crazy driving, us in the backseat green from our hangovers. bleh. I was never so happy to have my feet on stable ground. We finally found his cute new house....which I guess we're not suppossed to call his house "cute" 'cause he's a guy and everything, but he has a brand new front loader washer and dryer. I am very jealous. So I think that is a green light to say "cute" if your boy cousin has better laundry facilities than you do. : ) And this is his 6 month old lab puppy, Murphy. CRAZY, but you just can't help but love him....and his tricks. I witnessed him roll over about a dozen times for the same milkbone. I love dogs. : )

And last but not least, the downtown KC skyline. Where we met my long lost BFF, Crystal. She shall be my next post. : ) Thanks for a great weekend, Andrea! Girl's weekend planner extraordinare. : )

1 comment: