About Me

I am a natural light, vintage-inspired photographer serving Eastern and Central Nebraska. I photograph babies, children, seniors, couples, and families. Sorry, no weddings. Each session offers a unique experience shot on location and rich in character. Here you will find my recent work, as well as all news and updates regarding my schedule. And attention you lurkers out there! yeah.... you know who you are....make yourself known once in a while! Hearing from you makes my day ;)

13 December 2010

reflection

I was about to toss Sunshine Bear into his final resting place in the trash (the dogs have pretty much had their way with him) and I stopped and looked into his eyes (where his eyes used to be, anyway) and thought to myself "huh. I know how you feel little guy."  I feel like Sunshine Bear is a metaphor for my year. Scruffy, worn, exhausted, but smiling.

I feel like I managed my time pretty well----  life is always a balancing act, but being a wife, a good daughter and friend, a full time rad tech, a home owner with a house for sale, president of Jaycees, secretary of PEO, on various other committees throughout the year, and a passionate photographer... has really taken it out of me by this month. Maybe I'm just feeling sappy and sentimental because it's Christmastime....  but I feel so blessed to have returning clients, a thriving business starting and a very understanding and supportive husband. To YOU all I owe my thanks. Thank you very much for the kind words you send me, understanding for my hectic calendar, and for your referrals. It means the world to me : ) Thank you for letting me pursue my dreams----and I really felt terrible that I could not fit everyone in my busy schedule. I really really hope you keep watching the blog this Spring/Summer and I get a chance to photo you all one day. Blog posts slow down this time of year... but fear not. I have some ideas up my sleeve for some good things to share. Including a new look for my site!

Happy Holidays!
Stacy Ideus Photography

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put. This blog brought a smile to my face. Seeing your work over the past year has been so much fun. RIP: Sunshine Bear, here comes a new year. : )

    -(The other) Stacie.

    ReplyDelete